CLICK HERE FOR THOUSANDS OF FREE BLOGGER TEMPLATES »

Wednesday, September 2, 2009

summer is over, fall is here

We have had a wonderful summer. Henry is growing so fast and our family is changing constantly... I love it! Alyce married Billy Addison in May and Will is engaged to Margaret Ewing and getting married June 19, 2010. We attended a party for Billy & Alyce the first weekend of August. It was a celebration of their marriage given by Sara & Jere Beasley. It was so much fun to share their excitement with family and friends.


The second weekend in August, I went with friends to the beach. Allison was a gracious host... and the trip was so relaxing. I returned Saturday night so Bill and I could help host a baby shower for Beth & Blake Oliver in Auburn. We are excited about the upcoming arrival of Davis in October. That Sunday, Henry and I accompanied Bill to the golf course where Henry wanted to play and well, I don't think Bill got much practice.


The third weekend in August, I hosted my high school girlfriends at our house for the weekend. We get together once a year and this year was my summer to host. We had a blast! We did a river float on the Tallapoosa River with about 100 other people. It was so much fun... and honestly, just fun for us all to be together. By the way, Bill told us to blow up our floats at home because so many would bring theirs to the launch site deflated. We drove like this for about 30 minutes. There was no need to wear a seat belt in the backseat.


That next week, we visited Jennifer, Tate, and Mary Carter in Birmingham where we went to the McWane Center. Henry and Tate had a blast.... I could hardly keep up with them. Mary Carter is such a sweet baby and absolutely precious! Robert joined us for lunch afterwards before Henry and I headed home.


The weekend of the 23rd (Bill's b'day), Bill played in a golf tournament in Eufaula while Henry and I attended Lola Campbell's baptism and pool party! Henry, of course, didn't waste a minute getting in the pool and thoroughly enjoyed himself. We joined Bill in Eufaula later on Saturday where we went swimming (yes, twice in one day) with Poppa and Keitt, and then spent the night with Mom & Dad.
Wow! We have been busy.... and of course, this past weekend Henry went to spend the night in Eufaula with Will, Mom & Dad so Bill & I could attend Mandy & Adrian Johnson's wedding and then kayak on Sunday. We met Elba, Blake Oliver, and Matt & Kelli Alfreds in Wetumpka at the Coosa Outdoor Center and paddled the Coosa. When I say paddled... I really mean we paddled. It was exhausting! But, I'd do it again tomorrow.
Most of you that read this blog know that Bill's friend, Lynn Jinks, died a month before we married. He was one of Bill's closest friends and meant so much to both of us. He died while kayaking in Colorado the weekend after his sister's wedding and a month before returning to Alabama for our wedding. On Sunday, he was thought of so much. He died doing something he loved and now I wish I had let him teach me how to kayak (since he was a pro) so the next time I do a class 3 rapid I won't bust!!! I'm not even sure you can say "bust" while in the water... all I know is Lynn was laughing at me from Heaven, while a group of kayakers had to tow Blake and Elba and their canoe to the side of the river so they could regroup, and I had to have help from another gathering my belongings and getting back into my kayak. But, like I said... I'd do it again tomorrow.
Now... we are ready for football... and in fairness to my other family (the Robertsons), I'm posting a pic that I would normally not allow to EVER be seen. However, I love both sides of my family and well, we only live once... maybe Henry will truly love both teams.... ha!! If you live in Alabama... you know that's impossible. Either way... may the best team win!


War Eagle!

1 comments:

~k said...

We had a GREAT time paddling! We need to do it again asap. I have NEVER been sore (needing medication, mind you) within an hour of exercise before!!! And you looked like a pro! Send me the pics when you get a minute. I am so proud of you for posting little Julio!Precious!
Roll Tide!