CLICK HERE FOR THOUSANDS OF FREE BLOGGER TEMPLATES »

Tuesday, May 26, 2009

BIG Memorial Day weekend


I've always had mixed emotions on Memorial Day. I love having the day off and able to spend it with family and friends, but I also feel sad at the number of lives lost protecting our country and our freedom. I thank God everyday that my father, brother and husband are not in a war and never had to go. I do, however, remember my grandfathers and Bill's family that have fought for us. I also thank God that we live in a country where we can freely praise Him for all our many gifts.
We started the day at Alyce and Billy's house. Billy played football in college at Clemson with Bobby Johnson, Vandy's head football coach. While Bobby and his wife were visiting with Alyce and Billy, along with another couple that Billy has been friends with since college, we were invited for brunch to meet them all. We had a wonderful breakfast, thanks to Alyce and Billy, and thoroughly enjoyed our visit with their friends. Henry searched for Gus, the cat, under Alyce's bed and tried to get him to come out and play. Just before we left, Henry gave Coach Bobby a "touchdown!" Bill asked him if he wanted to "sign" our 14-month-old, but I think it's a little soon for that.
Monday afternoon we cooked out with the Robersons, Browns, and Farriors. Amanda set up two pools and a slide for the kids. Henry learned -- by watching Claire and Anna Belle, of course -- to climb the ladder and slide down unassisted. He had so much fun. Elba cooked a butt and chicken that were both delicious... it was a wonderful day. It's so fun to spend time with friends... especially when you have other children (Claire, Blake, Townes, Anna Belle, Wyn) to entertain your child. Wow, we have really added to our little supper club!

1 comments:

Amanda said...

You got some great shots! You must e-mail me the picture in the wagon. Too cute!!!