CLICK HERE FOR THOUSANDS OF FREE BLOGGER TEMPLATES »

Wednesday, May 20, 2009

Sandestin



We took our annual beach trip to Sandestin this weekend for Bill's young lawyer conference. Henry wasn't big enough last summer to really enjoy the beach, but wow, what a difference a year makes! He hit the sand running!! The minute I put him on the beach, his little feet fled him to the ocean! He would run into the water, a wave would knock him over, he would get up and catch his breath and take off for another wave. Of course, I was right there to help/pick him up, but he really didn't want me there. He has no fear... I should've named him "little Bill". The other moms on the beach, with their children playing nicely and quietly, just laughed and said "it'll be different next year", and I thought again... what a difference a year makes!




We met Nathan and Vaughan Dickson for dinner on Thursday night at Hammerheads in Baytowne. Henry enjoyed the pier, where I let his father chase him for a change. Then, after a long day on the beach (well, Bill was in meetings most of the day) we took a group of lawyers and their spouses to dinner at the Ocean Club on Friday night. On Saturday, we met up the other Robertsons and Browns to celebrate Jennifer's 30th birthday and Robert's birthday too. It was a fun filled weekend, and it was really nice to get away with my little family. I have a feeling Henry is going to love the beach as much as Bill and I do... I hope so anyway.

1 comments:

Jessica said...

Too cute!! You just wait...each year gets better & better. Enjoy every minute of it!!! So glad ya'll had fun & got to get away for a few days!!! I miss you!!!